Darkness Arising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness Arising

The Darkness is Arising...

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inChat

Mysts uncanny arrival

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Character
Respect Level:
Mysts uncanny arrival Left_bar_bleue50/100Mysts uncanny arrival Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Calling: Darkness

Mysts uncanny arrival Empty
PostSubject: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:30 am

There was a resounding crash 30 feet from the main Grasshopper H.Q as Myst hit the earth. "Oh, I am going to KILL YOU!" she shouted to noone in particular. "Axel...? AXEL!!" she swore as she slowly stood up. "That jerk dropped me off and went somewhere else didnt he!" she looked around at where she was and groaned. "The ruins. I should have known... The only place i am not technically allowed to place him under arrest, and the only place where he can mess up the magic of the tag. Great" She kicked a rock and looked around.
Back to top Go down
https://darkness-arising.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:58 am

Tychicus was hard at work as usual, taking his role as Dad of all the Grasshoppers very seriously.

He had discovered while reinforcing the Grasshopper Headquarters Storehouse that the kids only got water by travelling a half mile to a rather dirty stream. They boiled the water of course, but Tychicus had been so appalled by the brown water he'd been given that he had resolved to dig a clean well the very next day.

So he and his little helper Meggs were standing next to a pit he had dug with flying shovels. He was bending iron in the ground to redirect groundwater, set up filters, and hold up the sides of the pit. He was now working on the finishing touches of building a short wall around the well. Meggs, hand me that cube over there, please. Meggs ran over to a stack of iron cubes that Tychicus had saved, grabbed one, and ran back to him. Thank you dear. The cube molded into several perfect bricks that were building themselves into a wall around the well.

Tychicus took a few steps back. Ah, that is starting to look nice. Thank you for helping me, Meggs. He patted her on the shoulder.

Meggs shoved a pair of giant, ill-fitting glasses further up her nose and protested But I didn't even do much. I just carried you extra cubes and helped dig part of the pit.

Yeah, well it probably would've taken me twice as long without your help. Meggs looked pleased with this and looked contentedly on as the iron brick wall built itself to a height of three and a half feet above the ground.

Suddenly, they both jumped as a fiery crash thundered into the ground only a dozen feet away from them. Tychicus stepped in front of Meggs and drew his short sword. He watched in amazement as a woman materialised from nowhere and started shouting. Well, I should've expected as much in this weird place.

He sheathed his sword. She didn't seem to be a threat, and even if she was, he wasn't going to beat her or hope to get on her good side by waving a sword in her face. Meggs, stay here.

Tychicus took a few steps toward their new arrival. Hello, who are you?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:
Mysts uncanny arrival Left_bar_bleue50/100Mysts uncanny arrival Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:05 am

Myst turned to see an armed man and rolled her eyes. "I am going to gouge that mans eyes...." she took a step towards Tychicus and spotted Meggs. "Uh... I am Myst. You're not by anychance a slaver, are you?" she asked, reaching for her dagger. "Because, you know, I will have to kill you if you are abusing life. And you look like a nice guy and all..." she said, her small dagger pointing towards him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:35 am

Tychicus smiled and shook his head. No, I'm not a slave driver! My name is Tychicus, and I guess you could say I'm the handyman for the Grasshopper Clan... and this is Meggs. She's a Grasshopper. He gestured at her, and Meggs shoved her glasses further up her nose.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:44 am

Myst sighed in relief. She was already wiped, she did not want to go around kicking someones butt. "Hi then. I'm Myst. How do you do?" she asked, sheithing her dagger. "I am on official business, but my target has evaded me. So, uh.... I really have nothing to do until he leaves this place."

Noticing Meggs condition, she felt sorry for the child. "If you want, I could, you know, help out until that idiot runs again. I need a place to stay, and..." she shrugged. "I dont want to fight a bunch of perves all night long, so somewhere safe would be nice. And I could teach some of these children the lost art of hygene."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:22 am

Tychicus laughed. You are most welcome, Myst! I'm the only adult in these parts who isn't a slave driver, shaman, or thief, or at least as far as I know. Ah, one moment. Tychicus turned to Meggs and said Hey Meggs, will you go find Beka, please, and tell her we have company? Meggs pushed her glasses up higher on her nose again, nodded, and ran off.

Tychicus rested one hand on his belt and tapped his chin with the other. Hmm. The well's missing something. AHA! He snapped his fingers and muttered a spell, and the remaining iron cubes scrambled to make a small roof over the well, as well as a pulley. I'll let the little ones rig up the rope and bucket; Cami and Tom spent the entire morning finding a sufficient rope and patching up a bucket.

He gestured at the storehouse and was starting to say Come in, I'll show-

TYCH! Beka came tearing out of the storehouse and stalked up to Tychicus. Meggs and a few other little kids were peeping out of the storehouse door with huge eyes. WHO is SHE? Beka pointed accusingly at Myst.

Tychicus looked appalled. Beka, be polite. This is Myst. She's a visitor.

Beka shot a malevolent look at Myst. She yanked on Tychicus' shirt to make him bend over so she could speak to him without Myst hearing. Tych, we've got a little system we use here. Grownups are bad news. The only people we show to the storehouse are the people we rescue from slave drivers. That way we have a little debt system; they don't run away or tattle because we saved them. We don't know who this lady is and we don't have blackmail. You gotta get rid of her!

Tychicus impatiently brushed her away. Beka, really. Be polite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:28 am

"yay beka, she seems nice." lyle walked over to the new girl. "HI my names lyle." e held out his hand with a big bright smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:31 am

Myst glared at the little girl. "You want blackmail, or some strings? Find me that jerk Axel. Then I will do whatever you want. As long as I get to arrest him, bring him back, claim my award, and sleep in peace." she sighed, doubting any of them knew who Axel was. "If you don't want me to stay, I guess I could Blackmail the Theif lord or something. Promise him a peice of Axel's hide, or work some magic or sorts to force him to." She crakced her knuckles. "Nothing a woman can't handle."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:49 am

Tychicus and Beka were engaged in a glaring contest for a few moments. Beka huffed faintly and turned away. Fine. Whatever. If she annoys anyone I'll... Tychicus slapped a hand over her mouth and grimaced. My apologies. Come in, Myst.

Tychicus pulled open the storehouse doors and stepped inside, brushing past a swarm of little kids. The new system of Tychicus being in charge, even over Beka, was a new concept for them.

He pointed at the landmarks inside the storehouse as he spoke. There's the Stables, the Cabinets, the Hooks, and the Bunks. I'll see if we have anything adult-size you can borrow. Tychicus walked over to the Cabinets and started digging around.

Beka stood and seethed silently next to the doors, keeping a sharp eye on Myst.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 pm

Myst stuck her tounge out at Beka behind Tychicus' back, and continued following him. "mhmm? Mhmmm! Reaally?" she crooned after everything he said. "Ok. I got it. Now...uh... would you mind doing me a favour. I have to hunt down this man, who has killed over 30 people in the past month alone, and was wondering if your grasshopper friends could help. Its not as if he would hurt a child, seems how he is a nice guy and all, but he is fond of using fire spells on people who could be reasoned with, like adults. And, since I am in the midst of capturing him again, I am sure he would fry me in no time...."

Myst bit her tounge, knowing she asked to soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Tychicus looked at her strangely. Listen, Myst, I've never heard of this guy you're hunting. You're welcome to stay here and rest while you're in this area, but I'm not going to put the Grasshoppers in any-

HOLD IT. Beka marched forward. You've got a job for us, Myst? Who are we looking for?

Tychicus fretfully pulled out a stack of blankets. Wait a minute, if you're professionally hunting someone, they're much too dangerous for -

Tych, we're always doing dangerous stuff. What are you here for, Myst? Beka brushed some of her messy red hair behind one ear and rested her hands on her staff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:27 pm

"A man named Axel. We were being attacked by a guy named Alexander after Axel killed Myrda. A guy named Edrick tried to save her, but died as well. And, unfortunetly, he is my older brother. A Shaman and a healers kid. Can only kill. Looks like..." Myst drew a very inacurate picture in the dirt, that almost looked like a human, minus the oddly place eyes and mouth. "This. Sorta. Kinda."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 am

Beka just looked at her. Huh? Wait, so you want us to look for your brother Axel?

Tychicus was looking ill all of a sudden. Myrda? Myrda, does she have long brown hair, and wind magic? She's dead?! How, what happened? And Alexander, we must not be talking about the same guy, he's got dark hair and eyes and ice magic...?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:45 pm

"I am sorry, but thats the same people. Last I saw Alexander though, he had lost control to the hand, and is in the midst of a large rampage, and he promised me that he would take down the world or something. But Rose is after him now. She will kick his butt." She grinned.

One of the many talisman around her neck pulsed with energy, startling her. "Axel is close, with Zasafiel drawn. And he is running. Almost directly this way!" she ran to the door, peering out in the street. So far she saw nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 8:07 am

Tychicus sank to the floor and stared vacantly at the wall, dazed. Myrda's dead? Alexander's crazy? It can't be. I... I have no one left.

Beka put her hands under Tychicus' shoulders and dragged him partially to his feet. No is no time for moping, Tychy. We got trouble!

Tychicus stood up shakily and pulled out his short sword. Well I have the Grasshoppers. And I'd better look after them.

Tychicus clapped Beka on the shoulder and walked behind her. Beka, staff in hand, ran over to Myst and asked So what do we do?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:36 am

ooc: Carrying on from Axel and Trap meets theives and This one... Hope it isnt to fast paced, but things were getting boring.

Myst took a step back, startled. "Who are you," she asked the panic struck boy infront of her. "And why are yo-"

"No time lady! Move Move Move!" Trap bellowed, Shoving Myst into the room, causing her to land on her butt. "Oh sh... Beka, I can attempt to explain" Trap began, when Axel ran like a mad man into the room.

Slamming the door shut, and stabbing one of his ice swords in to the frame to prevent entrance from the theives, Axel turned towards Trap. His jaw dropped.

"AXEL!" Myst hollard, jumping to her feet. "WHAT IS GOING ON!!"

Trap ran to the back of the warehouse, sealing off another door. "Axel, in here!"

Dumbfounded by the sight of all these children he had unwittingly unleashed a bunch of angry theives on, Axel ran in a daze to the door, sealing it with his other ice blade. "Ok.. umm..." seeing Tychicus on the floor, and Myst storming towards him, her weapon already changing to a large axe, he put two and two together. She must of told him of his failed attempt to take Myrda's life.

Myst Swung the axe at Axels head, and he narrowly avoided being deprived of a head. "Myst, we have other problems on are hands!" he shouted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 6:58 am

OOC: Uhh Tychicus was already standing up, but okay. ^^ And Anya has arrived in the Ruins, in another thread.

BIC:

Tychicus narrowed his eyes. He recognized Axel now, he was one of the weird people that had rescued Myrda and Tychicus from the slave drivers. Now Myrda's dead. And he is here. What happened... and where is Alexander? It didn't matter for the moment. Tychicus' short sword in hand, he stepped past Myst and started to reinforce the doors with steel bars.

Beka rolled her eyes. Trap... great, we've got a bunch of really mad grownup thieves after us, and psycho magical grownups inside MY HOUSE. She sprang on top of The Crate and shouted orders. Cami, get some kids with bows and arrows together! Tom, get the daggers and short swords off the wall and pass them out. Meggs, make sure all the little ones have daggers! Trap, Lyle, you guys are with me. Tychy, open that door and make sure the other one stays shut!

With a wave of his hand and a very hurried spell, Tychicus ripped down the barriers in front of the front door and sent them scurrying to bolt the back one. I hope Beka knows what she's doing. This could corner us. He held out his short sword and paused, waiting for the thieves to tear down the doors. It's been a little while since I've had a good scrap...

Beka ran over and grabbed Myst's arm. Hey lady, I need your help. I'm gonna use some fire magic on these guys, and I need to make sure I don't set the storehouse on fire, okay?

The doors blasted open and a stream of howling rogues came tearing through the door. INCOMING! Tychicus shouted as he tore down a thief with his sword. Hacking with one hand, he held up the other and hissed a spell. Flecks of iron sprang off the floor and pelted the onslaught of thieves.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character
Respect Level:

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:07 am

ooc: Uh... they were blades made of ice. Tychicus has no control over them. He cant even pull them out. But ok...

Myst pulled out another talisman, pressing it to her palm. "Kid, I hope you know that us adults could probably finish these guys off no problem.... It would probably drain me after that fight with Axel. I am pretty sure we could have delt with them."

Axel shook his head. "Inside this warehouse, I don't think you could dose my flames fast enough if I had to take on so many people. And you might get in me or Zasafiels way. When there is no fear of killing a kid, or that jerk Alex just destroying my ice blade, I would have shown you..."

"You don't think I could what!!!!" she grabbed Axels ear. "You don't think I don't know everything ever recorded about that weapon!! I WAS SENT TO KILL YOU!!!" She pulled Axel up by his ear. "DON'T UNDERESTAMATE ME!!!!" she hollard in his far-stretched ear.

Tears streaming from his face, Axel shook his head vigorously. "I get it I get it! OWOWOWOW!"

Trap rolled his eyes, and ran to Beka, like usual. Then he realized something. He was a self proclaimed non-grasshopper. He didn't have to listen to her! Kicking Myst in the rear, he pointed to the thieves Tychicus was so kindly holding back. "Lady, This is no time for argue'n. So SHUT UP AND FIGHT!"

Myst glared at the boy, but listened to his advice. Later he would get is *** handed to him, but for now she was on his side. "mouthy little...." she muttered, along with other vile things. She shoved past Tychicus and blaster a large Gyro of water out the door, Clearing the way and foot sold-er kids.

Axel pulled out Zasafiel, ignoring Mysts new glare pointed at him. The kid was right, time for business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysts uncanny arrival   Mysts uncanny arrival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mysts uncanny arrival
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkness Arising :: Roleplay :: The Ruins :: Grasshopper Clan Campsite-
Jump to: